Monday, May 31, 2010

fear- noun; a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid
#33 List 20 things your afraid of. Pick one fear and write about it

20 Things I Am Afraid Of...
1. Dying- My biggest fear of all time. I don't know what and when this will happen but I am "scared to death" for the day it does
2. Being Kidnapped- You hear so many stories about this happening to so many kids and teenagers today, it's hard to believe that it is so common and could happen to anyone
3. Losing any of my Family Members or my Friends- Just thinking about it scares me and knowing that it can happen anytime & anywhere in the blink of an eye scares me even more
4. Someone breaking into my house- Seeing movies and tv shows where this happens just puts this situation into reality for me
5. The Dark- To this day, I am still afraid to go into my basement by myself
6. Scary Movies- They will continue to haunt me for at least a week after I see them and I often sleep in my sister's room the day after I see it
7. Graveyards- I refuse to walk or drive by one at night
8. Being In a Car Accident- I feel like I'm a good driver, but sometimes it's the other people on the road with me that I'm worried about
9. The Ocean- I am paranoid about getting attacked by a shark one day
10. Boats- Ever since my dad and I crashed a katamaran I have never been excited to sail on a boat again
11. Breaking a Bone- Ever since I broke my thumb in fourth grade I have been overly cautious about falling and breaking other bones
12. Walking in Downtown Cleveland at night- After Cavs and Indians games I freak out about walking home at night, it is one of the scariest things ever
13. Growing Up- I am afraid to grow up and have a life of my own, I am afraid I am not ready and for what the future will bring
14. Change- Sometime I wish everything and everyone would just stay the same, but in the end we all need to grow up and move on and go our own ways
15. Deer- They always jump out at you at the most random times and cause many, many car accidents
16. Michael Jackson- After he got all of his plastic surgery, it scared me just to look at him
17. Being on a Bridge When It Collapses or on a Plane when it Crashes- Just knowing that there is a possibility of these things happening makes these car & plane rides so stressful
18. Being Alone- I am so afraid of being alone ANYWHERE, i can barely stay in my room for more than 10 minutes without getting lonely
19. Claustrophobia- I absolutely hate being in enclosed areas for a long period of time
20. Failure- I am so afraid of trying to do something and not being able to it

Having fears is ultimately a good thing in the long run, what you are afraid of shapes you as a person. The saying "There's nothing to fear except fear itself" is completely false. It is good to be afraid because in the end, being afraid of things will help us make the best decisions in the end

No comments:

Post a Comment