Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lessons Learned

Life is all about the lessons you learn, two of the most influential people in my life are my mom and dad. They have taught me things that no one else has and things that I would have never figured out by myself. Their rules and teachings have taught me all I need to know and I seem to learn a little more everyday

My parents have taught me...
To never give up, because you will never know unless you try
To never judge and give everyone a chance and to "never judge a book by its cover"
To be anything I want to be and to reach for the stars with everything I do
That not everyone will always like you
That for every door that closes, two more open
Not to be all "now, now, now" and sometimes you have to be in things for the long run
To respect my elders because they have a lot of lessons to teach
That life isn't always fair
That good things come when you least expect them
To always be yourself and don't change for anyone
That you shouldn't care what other people think about everything you do because most of the time, no one really cares
That it is better to try and fail than not try at all
That TV is not real and we shouldn't base what we believe in off of that
That what you do now will affect the rest of your life
That there is no "i" in team
That you shouldn't reflect on the past, because there are much better things to come
& To realize that when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

My parents should have taught me that sometimes life is a little hard to handle, but its never more than you can handle and that friends can sometimes turn on your for stupid reasons. Life is a learning process, you learn a little more everyday but you learn the most from the journey along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment